The Department of Tourism shall be a catalyst for sustained tourism growth and development in Seychelles.
- A strategy focused Department of Tourism, committed to creating a conducive environment for the development and maintenance of an authentic, dynamic and sustainable tourism industry;
- That reflects the importance of tourism to the Seychelles economy and the social wellbeing of its population; and
- That delivers a value-for-money and unique visitor experience, through innovation, strategic partnerships and coordination, providing information and communication and capacity development.
Values shall show ethical behaviour in line with the principles of good governance.
- Excellence: We shall demonstrate professional excellence in the design and delivery of tourism policies, and ensure programmes and services are beneficial to every aspect of the tourism industry. Engagement, collaboration, effective teamwork and professional development are all essential to a high-performing organization.
- Integrity: We shall always serve the public interest; we shall act with integrity by being accountable, showing respect and serving with honesty, respect and trustworthiness.
- Impartiality: we remain loyal to the government of the day and we are committed to government’s policies and programmes with dedication and commitment; we shall not display partiality and serve all customers with respect and fairness and make choices solely on merit.
- Innovation: we shall leverage resources and partnerships to optimise delivery to our stakeholders and be responsive to change.
- Customer Focus: We shall respond to customers promptly and courteously and provide services and solutions in a manner that is efficient and which are effective and responsive; and strive to continuously improve the quality of our service delivery.
- Recognition: We want to be an organisation that values its own people by ensuring fairness of the systems and processes, supportive, recognising and rewarding performance.